3-5 Year Vision
by Mike Willis
This past Sunday I shared our 3-5 year vision with the church. You can listen to the entire sermon here from Acts 2:42-47. Here is the outline:
Our vision is to be loving God, loving one another and loving others.
- Worship: People of increasingly sincere worship. God-exalting because we are not god, He is God.
- Word: Beholding God through His Word. God-beholding because He’s the subject of the book, not us.
- Prayer: Growing belief (and practice) in the power of prayer. God-relying because we are weak and God is near!
Loving one another targets for next three years
- Students: Building up Harvest Students with broad church involvement.
- Community: Building community beyond our first 10 year means.
- Classes: Commit to regular content-driven discipleship opportunities.
- Coaching: Deepening equipping and coaching for new and existing leaders.
Loving others targets for next 3 years
- Good news: More people sharing the gospel regularly.
- Good deeds: Participate in local outreach. Being good deeds people all the time.
- Good trips: Participating in international church planting. We’re going overseas again!
Several important nuances.
- Hit the bullseyes, GOD, one another and others by focusing on the WHO.
- LovING meaning ongoing and cultural versus once or twice a week.
- It’s “3-5” years because we make our plan and the Lord directs our steps.
December 27, 2019
December 12, 2019
December 05, 2019